Jeffrey L Slothower, CFP®, CIMA®, ChFC®
Portfolio Advisor – PIA Program
Jeffrey Slothower supports sophisticated investors with customized strategies that leverage his perspective, experience and resources. Many of Jeffrey’s clients are fellow financial professionals who want to continue actively participating in their own portfolios, so he focuses on providing objective investment insight and access to world-class resources. With every recommendation and relationship, he strives to:
1. Serve as clients’ “second set of eyes,” so they can feel confident that their portfolio is properly invested, aligned to make the most of today’s opportunities and protected from ongoing risks.
2. Connect clients with products, services and other resources they might not have access to alone.
Jeffrey customizes each investment strategy to the client’s individual needs, goals and desired involvement — but every portfolio includes:
• In-depth profiling and discovery.
• Focus on strategic and tactical research.
• Tail risk management.
• Core and satellite approach to address short- and long-term objectives.
Jeffrey has been in the financial services industry since 2001. Before he began serving individual clients as a Financial Advisor, Jeffrey spent eight years at Goldman Sachs as a Specialist on the NYSE. In this role, he was trusted to invest and manage risk with the firm’s money, and he would trade and make markets for institutional clients. Through this experience, Jeffrey gained understanding and perspective surrounding tail risk management that he now applies to his clients’ portfolios.
In addition to his extensive professional experience, Jeffrey’s strong educational background informs his financial perspective. He holds an economics degree from Boston College and completed the General Course at The London School of Economics. He completed the CIMA® curriculum at The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania- and his current work reflects his academic foundation.
Jeffrey’s work is grounded in sound portfolio evaluation and investment, but he offers service and resources that extend far beyond the markets. He provides planning for every life stage and collaborates with his clients’ other professional advisors, as needed. To support his complete wealth management, Jeffrey earned the following designations and registrations:
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification awarded by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
• Certified Investment Management AnalystSM designation awarded by the Investment Management Consultants AssociationSM
• Chartered Financial Consultant®
• Series 7, 21, 25, 63, 65 securities registrations
Jeffrey currently lives in New York City with his wife Sasckya. As a former varsity soccer and baseball player at Boston College, he continues enjoying an active lifestyle.