Robert Levin is a Senior Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor, CFP® certificant, and Portfolio Manager in the PIA program at Merrill Lynch. He is a former Wall Street pharmaceuticals analyst and board-certified physician. He directs a wealth management practice that primarily serves health care executives, physicians, and women with complex financial needs. Bob's goal is to become a strategic advisor to his clients and to have each client rely on him like a personal financial manager—to navigate and to serve as their primary resource through the complexities of the financial world. Bob takes pride in showing clients a disciplined strategy to achieve their financial goals and conducting that process with the highest professionalism and integrity.
Wealthy people that need to make important financial decisions work with Bob and his associates because:
1. We become their trusted strategic advisor—we give them ideas and help them solve problems.
2. We function like their financial manager—to help coordinate and consolidate their finances and get things done.
3. We work with their CPA’s and attorneys so that they know the financial impact of their tax and legal situations.
4. We educate them about financial terms and the pros and cons of each investment.
5. We provide empathetic listening to their personal and financial concerns.
6. We provide professional and customized wealth management strategies based on their unique goals.
7. We monitor and help them adjust their portfolio to give them the best chance of achieving their goals.
8. We provide clients with premier customer service so they are proud to recommend us to family and friends.
9. My professional experience as a trusted physician, Wall Street analyst, and CFP® certificant enables me to address each client’s unique financial situation.
Bob, originally from Detroit, received his B.S. in 1981 and M.D. in 1985 from the University of Michigan. He completed a residency in pediatrics at the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles in 1988 and worked as a pediatrician from 1988 until 2000. He then attended Johns Hopkins business school for one year and was a medical consultant to a venture capital fund. In 2001-2002 he worked as a pharmaceutical analyst at JP Morgan Chase in New York City before joining the Global Private Client Group at Merrill Lynch in Beverly Hills, CA in June 2003. In June 2006 he was awarded the CFP® certification by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
Bob lives with his wife and family in Los Angeles. He enjoys playing with his kids at the beach and is actively involved with the University of Michigan Medical Center Alumni Society.