CUSTOM PAGE APPROVED IN MRC NOVEMBER 2013 ARVXEH9L
At the Oberlander Group, we understand how hard our clients have worked for their wealth, and we believe their wealth should work just as hard for them. For nearly 30 years, our team has helped affluent investors make the most of their opportunities through:
• Relationships built on mutual understanding and regular communication.
• Strategies that leverage each team member’s unique skills and specializations.
• Guidance that is tax-sensitive and focused on risk management.
• Planning that focuses on supporting your current lifestyle, lifetime retirement income needs and legacy goals.
From our experience, even the best-laid plans lose their power if the investor does not connect with and embrace the path. Rather than fitting your goals into our approach, we customize our approach to fit your goals. Consequently, we devote significant time and analysis to understanding our clients as individuals and investors before we begin to consider their personalized strategies. No matter your current circumstances, risk tolerance or specialized needs, our entire team is focused on helping you achieve your greatest objectives with guidance that makes you feel comfortable at every step in the process.
Managing Director - Wealth Management
Wealth Management Advisor
For more than 30 years, Sharon Oberlander has helped affluent individuals and corporations pursue their financial goals with thoughtful, tax-sensitive investment guidance. She is passionate about truly helping clients, and with the Oberlander Group, she has built a team where every member shares her commitment to serve clients with the excellence, care, stability and insight they deserve. Sharon and her husband, Lee, reside in Northbrook, Illinois, and have an adult son and daughter.
• Barron’s Top 100 Women Financial Advisors 2006 – 2012
• Barron’s Top 1,000 Financial Advisors 2009 – 2013
• Named to the Financial Times Top 400 Advisors* 2013
• Registered Rep Top 50 Wirehouse Women 2013
• The Executives’ Club of Chicago – Women’s Leadership Co-chair
• University of Chicago Medical Research Board GIRF
• Lyric Opera of Chicago Board Member
• Merrill Lynch National Advisory Council to Management, Served a 3-year Term
• Media Representative for Merrill Lynch
• Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts at University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada
• Executive Education Programs at Wharton and Harvard Business Schools
Annette Seaberg, CFM, CRPC®
Assistant Vice President
Annette Seaberg has been expertly guiding our clients through the wealth management process for the past 30 years. She spearheads the Oberlander Group’s asset management activities, as well as our client education programs. Annette lives in Chicago with her husband, David Anthonsen.
• Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM
• Honorary Consul to Illinois for Consulate General of Sweden
• Swedish-American Award of 2004
• Board of Directors of Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce
• Active member of the Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA)
• Bachelor’s degree in Humanities and Foreign Language from Augustana College
David Villalobos, CFP®, CRPC®
Wealth Management Advisor
With more than ten years experience as a financial advisor, David Villalobos focuses on helping individuals and small businesses achieve their financial goals. He and his wife live in Geneva, Illinois with their three small children.
• Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner
• Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM**
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis
• Board of Directors for Onward Neighborhood House
Chris Kasamis, CFM
Financial Services Associate
For more than 26 years, Chris Kasamis has worked with the Oberlander Group, leading our operational activities and specialized client service. Chris also coordinates client portfolio reviews and monitors our liability management process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Michigan State University
Registered Client Associate
Lauren is always the first point of contact for the Oberlander Group, providing a superb level of service to our clients. She is an avid golfer and competes in marathons and triathlons.
• Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology from Northwestern University
Wealth Management Banking
Your Financial Advisor can offer access to an experienced Bank of America Wealth Management Banker who can assist you with strategic and personalized banking guidance. Together, they can draw upon an expansive array of banking, credit and other lending solutions designed to fit into your overall financial strategy and help you to pursue your financial objectives.
*Source: The Financial Times Top 400 Financial Advisors, April 11, 2013. The Top 400 list is based in large part on data gathered from and verified by broker-dealer home offices, and, as identified by the FT, reflected each advisor’s performance in six primary areas, including assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, experience, credentials and accessibility. The full methodology is published here: link
**CRPC is a registered service mark of the College for Financial Planning