Merrill Lynch and the Financial Advisors of Merrill Lynch have been recognized for their industry leadership using a variety of measurements by leading publications and independent observers.
• For the past three years, Merrill Lynch has had more Financial Advisors on the Barron's "Top 1,000 Financial Advisors: State-by-State" list than any other firm
• Merrill Lynch has had more women on the Barron’s “Top 100 Financial Advisors” list than another other firm for the past six years in a row.
• Merrill Lynch has been ranked the #1 Wealth Manager in the U.S. for ten consecutive years by Barron's
• Merrill Lynch was named the Best Brokerage by Forbes/Zacks in 2010
• In 2010, Merrill Lynch garnered the StarMine global award, plus 11 regional awards and 76 individual analyst awards—confirming that BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research analysts are among the most respected in the industry.
$1.5 Trillion in Client Balances: Source: Bank of America. Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management (MLGWM) represents multiple business areas within Bank of America's wealth and investment management division including Merrill Lynch Wealth Management (North America and International), Merrill Lynch Trust Company, Merrill Edge and Private Banking & Investments Group. As of December 31, 2010, MLGWM entities had approximately $1.5 trillion in client balances. Client Balances consists of the following assets of clients held in their MLGWM accounts: assets under management (AUM) of MLGWM entities, client brokerage assets, assets in custody of MLGWM entities, loan balances and deposits of MLGWM clients held at Bank of America, N.A. and affiliated banks, less an elimination for client brokerage and assets in custody included in AUM.
Top Wealth Manager: Source: Barron's has ranked Merrill Lynch as the top wealth manager in the U.S. for the past ten years (see Barron's, September 20, 2010). Barron's is a trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Based on assets under management for individual clients with accounts of $5 million or more. Merrill Lynch, U.S. Trust and Bank of America assets were combined by Barron's for the 2009 and 2010 ranking.
The Most Top Female FAs: Source: Barron's "America's Top 100 Women Financial Advisors," June 6, 2011. Barron's America's Top 100 Women Financial Advisors" ranking reflects the volume the advisor's revenues generated and the quality of their practices with less weight given to institutional clients.
The Most Top Ranking Advisors: Source: Barron's "America's Top 1,000 Advisors: State-by-State," February 21, 2011. Barron's is a trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Financial advisor criteria: minimum seven years' financial services experience and employment at current firm for at least one year. Numerous quantitative and qualitative measures determine the financial advisor rankings.
Proven Field Leadership: Source: Merrill Lynch. Our Field Managers average over 18 years of experience.